We are looking for a skilled Principle Mechanical Design Engineer who will have the overall responsibility for mechanical and hardware design, which includes design activities, routines, and systems to support this area within the company. The holder of the position will be key in leading and coordinating the development and lifecycle of ELOP’s hardware designs and products.
The principal mechanical design engineer is also responsible for establishing a framework and structure for managing and executing design projects and programs within the engineering department, as well as for executing projects according to the design process plan. The principal mechanical design engineer also utilizes, as well as mentors, design engineers (internal and external) as part of a complete team to ensure program design activities, goals, and targets are completed successfully on-time and on budget. Key emphasis is the ability to support a fast-paced business to bring solutions from concept through prototyping/production for both external and internal customers.
The Principal Mechanical Design Engineer reports to the Cheif of Product for the company, or to the leader appointed by the company at any time.
If you join Elop you join a scale-up company that will provide you with world-class colleagues highly motivated to position the company as an international standard of structural health monitoring. With the right character you will be professionally challenged and developed. Salary and compensation are competitive. Work location is Oslo, Norway.
As a Principle Mechanical Design Mechanical Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Designing and engineering of ultrasound and mechanical equipment / test set ups
- Following up on manufacturing and assembly (both prototypes and larger projects)
- Follow up on supplier quality issues and maintain good supplier relations
- Support in design and manufacturing discussions with suppliers for new products and prototypes
- Reporting and documenting analysis, design calculations and testing
- Performing analysis related to mechanical design of products
- Ensuring that products meet compliance regulations
- Collaborating with project managers and other engineers in our team
- Conducting experiments and evaluations to improve and innovate product designs
- Process owner for creating and maintaining Product Data Management System (PDM)
We are looking for you who have:
- BSc in Mechanical Engineering
- Solid track record in engineering with a minimum 3 years’ experience in mechanical engineering field
- Superior computer skills, with solid experience in 2D/3D tools (Solidworks, Matlab, and LabView programs is considered an advantage.
- Ability to write clear and comprehensive technical documentation, including assembly documentation, specification documents, and testing procedures.
- Highly analytical mind, with exceptional problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Designing, manufacturing, and assembling of components
- Analyzing problems or deficiencies and developing solutions to resolve them
- Creating plans and designs using CAD technology – extensive experience with use of CAD software for modelling is considered an advantage
- Experience with FEM analysis is considered an advantage
- Having practical knowledge concerning ISO, EN and other international codes and standards pertaining to mechanical equipment is considered an advantage.
- Good communication skills and a proactive work approach are required.
- Have very good written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Solid works
- Solid works PDM
- Office application (words, excel etc.)
We can offer:
- An everyday life with exciting and challenging tasks with the development of socially beneficial solutions
- Colleagues with world-class expertise, and an organization that has ambitions and is highly motivated to position the company as an international player in maintenance support and monitoring of critical infrastructure
- Good working environment with skilled and committed colleagues an organization with short decision paths
- Professional challenges and development
For more information and application, please contact:
Alysa Scherer, Technology Project Manager ([email protected])
All inquiries are treated confidentially.
Applications are processed on an ongoing basis.