We are looking for a skilled Senior/Lead Bigdata Engineer to join our team. The role is part of the research
and development team, where you with enthusiasm and knowledge are going to be our technical evangelist for the development of our inspection technology and products.
At Elop we are developing product lines for sustainable infrastructure management using our own patented technology for ultrasound scanners and combine this with other sources to see holistic overview of the concrete structure. At Elop we will provide you with world-class colleagues highly motivated to position the company as an international standard of structural health monitoring. With the right character you will be professionally challenged and developed.
This position requires travel to Norway.
Elop is sister company of Simplifai and co-located together in all geographic locations.
We are looking for you who have:
• Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Computer or equivalent
• 7+ years of experience in Big Data ecosystem, especially Spark, Kafka, Hadoop, HBase.
• 7+ years of hands-on experience in Python/Scala is a must.
• Experience in architecting the big data application is needed.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong understanding of data analytics and data visualization, and must be able to help
development team with visualization of data.
• Experience with signal processing is plus.
• Experience in working on client server architecture is plus.
• Knowledge about database technologies like RDBMS, Graph DB, Document DB, Apache
• Good communication skills, written and oral, in English.
• Define technical scope and objectives through research and participation in requirementsgathering and definition of processes
• Ingest and Process data from data sources (Elop Scanner) in raw format into Big Data
• Realtime data feed processing using Big Data ecosystem
• Design, review, implement and optimize data transformation processes in Big Data
• Test and prototype new data integration/processing tools, techniques and methodologies
• Conversion of MATLAB code into Python/C/C++.
• Participate in overall test planning for the application integrations, functional areas and
• Work with cross functional teams in an Agile/Scrum environment to ensure a quality
product is delivered.
We can offer
• An everyday life with exciting and challenging tasks with the development of socially beneficial
• Be a part of company’s research and Development team to create unique and innovative products
• Colleagues with world-class expertise, and an organization that has ambitions and is highly
• position the company as an international player in maintenance support and monitoring of critical
• Good working environment with skilled and committed colleagues an organization with short
• Professional challenges and development